As BIM users, it’s our job to create lists of drawings. With Revit Sheet Lists, you have all you need to expedite the job of organizing hundreds of sheets. Add Revit Sheet Lists to your BIM execution plan for a more seamless workflow across entire project teams.
There is a total of six Shared Parameters for 179 AEC sub-disciplines. The practical application of these Shared Parameters uses values for organizing Revit Sheet Lists regardless of the size or complexity of the project or the number of drawings. For complex projects involving many sub-disciplines, drawings for each trade may be required.
Whether you are creating placeholders or including sheets from linked files, downloading and learning our Revit Sheets Lists helps improve project workflow. Feel free to check out all of our Schedule and Tag Families to improve your Revit workflows.
Example: Adding a New Civil Sheet to a Project
The example in the steps below shows how to add a “Pre-parameterized” Civil Sheet into a new Revit Project file.
1. Start by opening Revit_Sheet-List_Organizers.rvt.
2. Add a new sheet, but instead of using the conventional Select titleblocks: option at the top of the New Sheet dialog box, use the Select placeholder sheets option. Pick C-Civil select OK. Notice the new Sheet created in the Project Browser.
3. Open a new Revit Project.
4. Toggle back to Revit_Sheet-List_Organizers.rvt
5. Copy then paste the new Civil Sheet into your new project.
6. Copy then paste both Sheet Lists (see image below) from Revit_Sheet-List_Organizers.rvt to your new Project.
7. Notice the Parameter Values that you copied into the new Project! Make sure to add these Values to all subsequent Sheets of the same discipline. Note: you can add Values to multiple sheets simultaneously by holding the Shift Key when selecting Sheets.
8. Architects can share this information with their consultants for seamless drawing indexes.
Use one of these free Add-in to improve Sheet List workflows by exporting to Excel then importing to Google Sheets so CAD users can manage their sheets online with any device. Add a surplus of placeholders as CAD users should only change existing Sheet Numbers and Sheet Names.